Sunday, February 27, 2005

Getting ready

Well, today we are cleaning out the n-room, and we have quite a job ahead of us. Originally, this room was always referred to as my office. It had a desk, bookcase, filing cabinet- all the good office things. Did I use it as an office? No. But it was mine, dammit, and I can call it anything I like.

It was becoming a hobby room until we decided that the finished attic was a much better location for that because we could leave our projects out and not have to worry about looking at the clutter. As an added bonus, the attic is big enough that we each have half of the room and can work there {gasp} together. So, to the attic went the desk, as it makes a lovely station for my many hobbies.

In the meantime, my office became the place for all things extra. Extra furniture, extra shoes, extra blankets, extra clothes. The place is a bit of a mess, as you might imagine. And today, we get out the shovels and get it cleared out so that "we" (meaning A, of course) can paint.

Next week we are actually heading out to IKEA to buy everything but the crib. I know, "we" won't have the room painted by then, but it's a good day for the trek to that store, and when it is finally painted, we (yes, including me this time- I'm a whiz with those little allen wrenches) can waste no time getting things set up. My folks are getting us the crib, and hopefully we'll have that in hand and assembled by the end of March. Pictures will follow (as soon as I figure out how to post them- not the Web savvy one am I).

I suppose there's no time like the present to get this bad boy in motion. I'm hoping that perhaps in the far corner of the room I might find the bermuda triangle of socks. Somehow, I have at least 10 pair of black socks with no mate. 10! Something is definitely fishy.

No comments: