Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine Geek

In general, I am not a big fan of Valentine’s Day. It is far too much of a Hallmark holiday, and I tend to avoid making romantic gestures on that day. Now, if someone pays me to make romantic gestures, that’s a whole other story (wink, wink).

Ok, really, I’m not going down that road- get your damn head out of the gutter.

What I’m trying to relay is how I spent my Valentine’s Day- riding around in a car with three other women delivering singing valentines. Yes, Virginia, it’s true- I sing barbershop. And I love it. Every year I look forward to taking the day off to drive around like a crazy person making other people very happy. It’s a great way to spend the day. Yesterday was no exception.

If you are a romantic at heart and want something great to give your sweetie next year, consider supporting your local barbershoppers. It’s a hit at the office, doesn’t cost as much as roses, and won’t stay on your hips like chocolate.

No comments: