Friday, August 03, 2007

Belly, Nursery, and Life

I seem to be having trouble getting the true color of the nursery paint to translate into digital, so I decided to just go ahead and post something anyway. This morning, Mr. D decided that I needed another belly shot, so we snapped one in that room.The paint looks a lot more pastel in this picture than it does in person. A lot more. Oh, and the camera seems to have added a lot of bulk to my butt. Yeah, that's it. And the cankles...they're a product of, um, digital exaggeration. Yeeeeeaaaaaah.

Gabriel decided that he would help daddy paint the room and found the ladder fascinating (don't worry, we were both standing right there). The wall color is a lot more true in this picture. And I really love that our house has those floors throughout. Hardwood floors were on the "necessary" list when we were house hunting. The fact that previous owners also kept the window frames unpainted was a HUGE (but lovely) bonus. We haven't touched a one of them (they also exist throughout).

The rest of the room should actually be done this weekend with the exception of a few wall decorations. I will be so glad to have everything in place and I can finally start filling the drawers with baby gear. Ok, transferring baby gear from Gabe's room to this room...technicality.

I don't want to get into too much detail for the sake of others' privacy, but if you could send a few prayers, burnt offerings, or similar good thoughts actions our way it would be most appreciated. We have a few family illnesses that are quite serious and could use a bit of intervention from a higher being. One person is actually Mr. D's dad, and it looks like Mr. D will be travelling home to help with care and logistics around the middle of August. Luckily, we live in my hometown, so I have not only my parents but a whole host of other family and friends to come to my aid if the baby is a bit earlier than we anticipate. Do I want my husband to miss the birth of his daughter? No, not really. But I also want him to do everything he can for his parents because they really need the help right now. It will all work out, I'm sure, but a few extra good thoughts aimed at us can't hurt. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you and the room look great! I Heart purple too!

Thoughts and prayers for Mr. D's dad coming your way. Also, we are here for you too -- even if we have to drive to the hospital together :)!

chanceofbooks said...

You look great! I LOVE that dress! So stylish.

And I really like the wall color too!

Thinking good thoughts for Mr. D's folks.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

You look great, and that is a pretty dress.

I had swelling in my ankles and feet starting at 12 weeks with my daughter. I wore some really loose fitting tennis shoe type slip on things. It got so bad at the end, I couldn't even walk very far, because it hurt my feet to keep slapping them on the ground. Ugh. I think that was the trade off for no morning sickness.

Beautiful, beautiful color.