Friday, December 17, 2004

Music to my ears

I had an OB appointment this morning and got to hear the heartbeat for the second time. It was extra cool today because when Dr. Numb-Numb was first looking, he located the placenta, which I did not realize had a sound. That was pretty neat. Then he found the little one. 149bpm- excellent. I tape-recorded it at this visit so that I can share it with my family. Not that I am savvy enough to post sound on my blog, mind you.

That was the good part. The bad part is that I gained too much weight since the last visit. Six pound this time, and he only wants me to gain two pounds per month. I didn’t want to argue with him, but in the time before I came back to his office (the time with the RE) I gained nothing. Right now I’m at 16.5 weeks, so roughly 4 months, and I’m up 8 pounds. By my calculation that’s 2 pounds a month. I know, I know- it matters how much in a single month. As I am hypersensitive about my weight, I do not plan to have a repeat of him telling me to eat less, so I need to start walking more. I’m starting to regain my energy, making this a logical thing to do. More activity = less weight gain.

Of course, more activity probably also equals more bleeding because I have developed a lovely cervical polyp. I get a nice dose of bright red blood every few days. If I’m quiet about it, I may be able to go a week without any. That has only happened once. It’s unnerving but since they have given me a reason and I have no cramping, I don’t go crazy anymore. I did get them to scan me at about 10 weeks just to be sure- and everything was fine.

That's all for now.

No comments: