Monday, February 19, 2007

Potty time?

One day last week, Gabe ran up to A, pulled at his pants and said, "Daddy. Poopy." And sure enough, he had a load in his diaper. We are quite excited at the new development.

I have actually had a potty chair in the house for a long time, not because I want to rush the kid, but because the one I liked was on clearance and I had a coupon (or some other similar scenario). So, we pulled it out on Friday night and have been talking about it with Gabe. He loves to go over and sit on it. Of course, he also loves to fill the little bowl with his stuffed animals, so we're not in the final stretch by a long shot.

Honestly, we are really on the fence about the whole training issue. I don't want to rush him, but he seems to have suddenly started taking notice of his bodily functions, and I don't want to ignore that either. I am guessing that a lot of it stems from him being in the toddler room at daycare, where they have these tiny little flush toilets (they are sooooo cute), and he can see the other kids using them. Or maybe he's just tired of diapers. Or maybe it's another mode for pretend play. In any case, we're not rushing him at all. But it seems like such a grown up thing to be considering.

I'll let you know when we get a deposit that is not stuffed and furry.

No comments: