Friday, November 03, 2006

A Classic...

The topic of the day: Name your top ten list for a particular genre (CD, movies, etc.). In other words, which ones would you take to a desert island? (from MP and AL)

I'll start with a list of CD's and see how far I get before the baby wakes up. I will assume, though, that this desert island provides me some way to play the CDs. I always love these questions when they require powered devices on a desert island...

Top 10 CDs

1. ABBA Gold
2. If I Were a Carpenter (var. artists)
3. Erasure Top 20 Album
4. Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)
5. Best of Jethro Tull
6. Violator (Depeche Mode)
7. The Mozart Album (Canadian Brass)
8. 80's Mix (made for me by A)
9. Flood (They Might Be Giants)
10. God Shuffled His Feet (Crash Test Dummies)

I wish it could be more than 10 because I also have a fondness for the Grateful Dead, Toad the Wet Sprocket, James, Siouxie and the Banshees, Iz, and a bunch of others I am forgetting right now (baby is up- finishing quickly).

I suppose to be on the safe side, I should start making compilations of all of my favorite songs from all of my favorite artists on 10 CDs. You know, in case that desert thing ever actually happens.

No comments: