Thursday, November 09, 2006

Butt sniffers...

The question of the day: What kind of dogs annoy you? (from JS)

I am definitely a dog person. I can't imagine life without a dog. However, there are some dogs that I can only take in very small doses. I am not a fan of small, yippy dogs. Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, Mini-anythings. Most of those dogs have a Napoleon complex and it drives me batty. The exception to the rule? Pugs. I love pugs. (snort!)

Furry dogs also bug me, but only from a “can’t live with them” standpoint. I realize that dogs have hair. I’m talking about the big fluffy furry ones where no matter what you do, you can’t get the fur to go away. It sticks to your skin, your hair, your clothes. And it is soooooo hard to get off. Hair gets on everything, too, but when I brush at it, it falls off. When I brush at fur on my pants, it sticks to my hands. Then I try to get it off my hands and it’s back on my clothes. Wash, rinse, repeat. It makes me crazy. I have met many, many wonderfully friendly furry dogs. I just don’t want them to live with me.

The most annoying dogs? The ones with clueless owners. The worst is when someone is blind to the fact that their dog is a danger to others. That is downright negligent. Kids have been maimed and killed in situations like that. I will not go into further detail (I could go on all day) in case the person that annoys me most with their dog happens to read this. I have said my part to him/her. S/he is still clueless. Therefore, I keep my family as far as humanly possible from that animal. It’s a Napoleon dog (not terribly small- could do lots of damage) with an unpredictable mean streak. Bad combination.

That’s my rant for the day.

No comments: