Thursday, March 17, 2005

And so it begins…

(Warning- baby related topic)

Last night when we got home from work we found, to our delight, our first non-grandparent, shower-related gift! I have to specify because, as you might assume, we have already received stuff from my parents. The day we told them that we got a positive beta they gave us a little stuffed turtle that had obviously been waiting for just such an occasion. Too cute. Then we did get a couple of baby-related things this past Christmas, but those were decidedly not shower-related.

Anyway, I know you are in suspense, so I will tell you that it was a high chair. Not so exciting in the grand scheme of things, but a high chair definitely says that there is a baby on the way. This is the chair we chose (except that ours has navy and brown fabric). Before you start making assumptions that we are yuppie freaks who live for designer labels, I just wanted to say that it was actually my uber-hippie husband that chose this chair. He wanted a wooden one, and as you may or may not know, the pickings are slim if you are avoiding the plastic monstrosities. Also—since I’m already on this tangent—we noted that most of the chairs out there have a ruffle on the chair pad. First of all, that’s a little too girly for my taste, especially if we have a boy. Second, who the hell wants to clean food particles out of a ruffle? I want to know who the dumbass is that designed that feature on a baby article that will constantly be around soft, mushy, projectile food.

So, overall it made for a nice welcome home.

Then, A. was able to get some more of the n-room painted. Luckily, I intervened fairly early in the evening because he was putting the yellow on the wrong half of the wall. Because I couldn’t decide, we’re painting the walls yellow on the top, blue on the bottom, and adding a white chair rail to separate. He had already painted a bit on the lower half, but it can easily be covered with a bit more primer. And I stopped him early enough that he was able to finish one entire coat on the top. It will need a second one because yellow always does…sorry A.! If we keep up this pace, the room will be entirely painted by the end of the weekend.

Ok, kid, we’re getting ready!

3 comments:

mochajunkie said...

I applaud your recognition of what's important. Cleaning food out of the high chair ruffle is a complete waste of time!

I'm visiting from Cecily's blog, congrats on your impending parenthood.

mochajunkie said...

I applaud your recognition of what's important. Cleaning food out of the high chair ruffle is a complete waste of time!

I'm visiting from Cecily's blog, congrats on your impending parenthood.

mochajunkie said...

eek! sorry about the double post!