Sunday, May 15, 2005

Pregnancy update

Sorry for the delay- no time to update on Friday!

37w4d

Heartrate = 133

BP = 112/70

Cervix = 1.5 cm, 80% effaced (Technically, it was 80% effaced last week, but the other doc didn't bother to tell me. I read my chart to find out.)

So, everything looks good, again. Yeah!

According to Dr. Ass (who was nice this time) I will most likely get to meet this kid in the next week. His words were that I should schedule my next visit, but that I probably won't make it. My thoughts on this? Well, if he's right- great. But I'm not taking is as written in stone. If I had been less effaced last week, or more dilated this week, then I might be more willing to call out the trumpets. Until then, I'm just taking it a day at a time.

Now, mind you, I know that at this point I am on "any day now" alert. So, as I leave work each day I make sure to update my files and arrange things so that if I were to not return the next day- no biggie. But I have been doing that anyway for about a week.

If "notions" have anything to do with it, maybe I will have the kid this week. Last week I had a moment where I was convinced that the baby would come this week. Wednesday to be exact. Every once in a while I get a notion, and sometimes it is actually right. I have, surprisingly, had no other notions this pregnancy. Nothing on the sex or anything. It could be my body's way of giving me a head's up, or it could be a hormone-induced state of insanity. But regardless, I have no control over when labor begins, how long it will last, how intense it will be, or when I will finally get to meet this kid- so until I'm in the process of one of the above, I am not going to obsess about it.

We did finally install the car seat, though...

2 comments:

lobster girl said...

Wow, this is exciting! I'm on pins and needles. Will somebody else be updating to let us know when the bebe arrives?

dish said...

I'll get the hubby to post as soon as he can after delivery. Of course, given my propensity to ignore the blog for days at a time, no news can simply mean no news...