Thursday, September 06, 2007

Just me- still here

I had my checkup this morning. I'm still only 1cm dilated, so no changes on that front at all. My protein was back down to trace levels and my blood pressure never once went up in the last week. So, all is good. The doctor asked how I was feeling and I said fine, except that I feel like I'm carrying around a swimming pool. I actually gained six pounds in the last week (no one got concerned...whatever) and I can tell that it is all water weight (ok, maybe a wee bit from food because I can finally eat without having to stop after two bites...LittleGirl has definitely dropped). My clothes are so tight that as soon as I walk in the door after work I start peeling them off to change into my nightgown. If I had a mu-mu, I'd wear it. And I am not buying any new clothes to get me through, at most, another week. I have one more day of work, and I know I can find something to wear for one more day that looks presentable. After that, I'm going to live in my nightgown. Maybe I'll wear a toga on the way to the hospital.

It feels weird to know that in a week or less I will meet LittleGirl. Wow. I guess we should pick a name, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, how I know that feeling of being most comfortable in nothing but a nightshirt! It makes it really hard to get dressed in the morning if you have the luxury of knowing that you don't have to leave the house.

I had lots of edema while pregnant with my son, so I totally sympathize with the water weight. The feeling of being exceedingly (overdue) pregnant was tolerable. All that puffiness and sloshing was not. Knowing that there's a set end to it ought to help though. When I went overdue, my OB just kept letting it go until I pushed really hard for an induction. I needed to have an end to the pregnancy, only to get rid of all that water!