Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am such a whiner

I got home last night and on my doorstep was a package. I had completely forgotten that a friend had offered to send me a bunch of her son's old clothes, and I am all about the hand-me-downs...especially since Gabe is growing like a weed. So, I began to dig through the box and realized that she has not only sent me more than enough to get him through the rest of the warm weather but a ton of stuff for the winter, too. All nice. All name brand (I'm not a label person, but they do tend to wash well and last longer). And I realized that her sending me this stuff gave me one less thing to worry about.

And it also made me realize that I'm a big whiner. I sit here complaining that I don't have enough time to clean and can't afford someone to do it for me. And there are people out there who don't have enough money to put food on the table.

Sometimes it takes a good slap in the head to put life in perspective.

No comments: