Wednesday, May 31, 2006

From here to eternity

Or to the toy on the other side of the room. Whichever one my son has his eye on at the time. As of yesterday evening, he has achieved mobility. Crawling. And he darn near pulled up. Oh yes, and he stood on his own for a few seconds. All in the same day! Yikes! Our house currently has no gates, and I only recently packed away a lot of the breakables. Not all, I’m sure, but a lot.

The crawling is really quite amusing because he uses such a Kafkaesque form. His version of crawling involves using both hands, one knee, and a foot. If the Hunchback of Notre Dame crawled, I imagine that’s what he would have looked like. And as of last night (and things change daily in the dish house) he has not realized that his mobility can propel him forward to reach, say, the next room. Or the dog (to her delight). Or the unrestricted staircase. He sees it as a way to get the toys that are out of reach. I figure by tonight he will have figured out how to use his powers to take over the world and then I’m screwed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, they move pretty slow at first!