Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Reason #732 that I am not a SAHM

I have just spent the last five days visiting my cousin and her family whilst Mr. D attended a conference (that I normally attend, too, but...well...kids and all*). However, since he was headed off to DC, I decided that we should invade my cousin's home and tour the museums all week. Mission #1 was accomplished. Mission #2? Well, not so much. Yesterday we were scheduled to meet a friend for lunch and hit the Smithsonian. Grand plan, no? And the late meeting time (noon, of course) ensured that any child-related mishaps would not impinge on our dining, right?

I am such a fool.

G decided that yesterday morning was the perfect time to master the art of whine-like-a-banshee-until-mommy-wants-to-completely-lose-her-shit. I believe his mentor will be quite thrilled that he reached a level orange state of crisis. Translation: I yelled at him and then locked myself in the bathroom for a moment of peace. I know. Very mature. But I did not throw him out a window--definitely good.

There are days when I am at work wondering what the kids are doing and wishing that I could be there to experience every moment of discovery with them. And then there are days like yesterday where I am reminded why it is that I must get some time away. At the moment, as a WOHM. I wouldn't mind a WAHM opportunity, but there would definitely be daycare involved. Definitely.

*In case anyone is thinking that it is completely sexist of Mr. D to attend the conference and leave me with the kids, the conference is far more applicable to his current job, making him the better person to attend. I'll get back to it soon enough.

No comments: