Our trip to Columbus for the Origins gaming convention was a real treat. It has been a long time since we devoted an entire weekend to the sole purpose of having fun. Over the course of the weekend, I found that there are a few truths in the gaming world that do not necessarily apply to the outside world. (Please pardon the formatting...I tried.)
1) Dice make a lovely accessory.
2) Gamers think it is cool when you threaten that you will plow them over with your stroller by saying “I have a battering ram, and I’m not afraid to use it.” They also move the hell out of the way.
3) I guess Gabe really is beyond breastfeeding because he thinks the ears are the most interesting part of this costume.
4) Jumping in and out of time periods and bodies is an awesome way to spend an afternoon. (Many thanks to the GMs running Cthulu Juxtaposition!)
5) Gabriel said “Hi!” to just about everyone.
6) Then he got so excited he puked.
7) You can never have too many gaming tables.
8) Nor can you ever have enough dice.
9) The Smithee Awards were, as anticipated, spectacular.
10) Alan Smithee was in full regalia.
11) Worst (and thereby best) picture? The Guns of El Chupacabra.
12) I want Gabriel to attend this school.
13) The guys of KenzerCo. didn’t threaten to sue me for the t-shirt!
14) Running into gamers you just met at other locations? Awesome.
15) Scaring your fellow gamers by pulling out a lunch of kippers and saltines? Classic.
16) Blending in with a crowd of gamer geeks? Priceless.